Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Searching #78:Video

1) I looked for the television show “Desperate Housewives" both in Truveo and Blinkx. I find Truveo to be easier to use than Blinkx. In Truveo I found quite a few hits for “Desperate housewives” linking me to Hulu, YouTube , ABC. Using Blinkx I also got hits for “Desperate Housewives” linking me to TV.com (the episode had been removed due to “terms of use violation”), the other link megavideo although it had some free items you had to create an account, another link was YouTube like in Truveo. I did not realize that there were so many free sites to watch videos! Some were full episodes, other were just clips, and some had music added to the episode. 2) I watched the very first item uploaded to YouTube from HCPL “How not to reserve a computer or laptop”. It was funny. Now there were quite a few very interesting entries. Uploading videos in YouTube would be great to attract teens and tweens and even younger children. I base this on the fact that “Old McDonald Puppet Show” had 17,927 views and “How not to reserve a computer or laptop” had 10,332 views.



No comments: