Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Searching #75 Google and Beyond

1) Searching in Blindsearch for “All the fine young cannibals” (an old movie) Google was the one giving me the result that I was searching for. Searching for “Harris County Texas” both Google and Yahoo gave me the best results. Searching for “Living will” I found the website to get the Living will forms in both Google and Yahoo. Bing gave me the Martha Stewart’s website.

2) Google is the #1 website listed on Hitwise on January 25, 2010. Facebook is a close second. Then comes Yahoo #3 and Bing comes #10. The statistics show that my favorite websites (Google and Yahoo) must be popular with others also.

3) I like the clean look of Google. I like Google images and maps. Yahoo is more cluttered but it also gives you plenty links to other websites and “breaking news” is readily available. You can customize Yahoo to be “My yahoo”. You can make Bing your homepage also and it has an attractive homepage but I do not like searching with Bing.

No comments: