Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Week 9: 22 Downloadable Media

I became familiar with HCPL digital media site about a year ago. I have enjoyed music, audio books and even movies. I highly recommend it to anyone willing to listen. I had some trouble with the type of portable player that I first bought, somehow it would download the files but I was not able to play them. My second portable player worked much better. I have enjoyed listening to music, and books: Koontz’s “By the light of the moon” and “Intensity”, Johansen’s “Blind Alley”, Patterson’s “4th of July” and many more. I also downloaded a film “Fuera del cuerpo”. The film was watchable but due to my computer being of an older vintage, it would freeze and then start again.
It was very easy to download the OverDrive Media Console to my computer. I like HCPL’s media site because is easy to browse for items and put them on hold (if not available at the time). I enjoy Ebooks for reference type materials although I find it a bit awkward to use. I have not used Adobe Reader or Mobipocket Reader, but some of my friends really like that type of software.
The difference that I found between the library site and the free sites is the fact that the library site is familiar to me and easier to use plus I did not have to create yet another account with username and password!

1 comment:

Jackson said...

Sorry to barge in on you. I thought you might find the information in my blog helpful. Ask The Car Dr. is an interactive blog designed for those of us who are driving and maintaining older vehicles. My last Volvo 740GL had over 360,000 mile on it before the time came to replace it. Quite honestly the car still was reliable enough to keep driving but my 140lb dog had his way with tan the interior and we were ready for a change. Knowledge is power and the tips in my blog could save you money if paid attention to. This is a new blog moderated by a former professional mechanic mechanic who is now a musician. Thanks for reading.