Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 8 - 18 Social Networking

I really am not into myspace . Quite a few of the pictures, videos and/or language are objectionable to me. On the other hand I can see how it would be an ease place to find friends. dogster and catster seem real cute places for cat and dog lovers. www.infieldparking does not interest me at all. Now www.threadless.com looks rather interesting, plenty of designs that can be used for bulletin boards, crafts or decorating. www.xanga.com and www.facebook.com are good places to make friends. www.linkedin.com seems to be the perfect place to interface with other people in the same profession or to look up old school friends. www.360yahoo.com lets you create your own page to share pictures and so on. Now the web site that I did create and account with was www.ratemyspace.com and I can see myself spending countless hours in this social network site for decorating aficionados.
I still feel that you need to be very careful when interacting with other people in any social networking site. There have been too many cases of being harmed by being too trusting in this element.

No comments: